Empower Your Life.
~ Special Course Download Sale! 25% off, now through Thanksgiving ~
An Introduction to the Yoga Philosophy of Kashmir Shaivism
~ Featuring the Enlightening Commentary of Legendary Tantric Sage Kṣhemarāja ~
~ with Christopher Tompkins ~
~ 9 Audio Sessions, approximately 90 minutes each ~ includes handouts for each session with verse translations & mantra-led practices ~
Based on *Seven* manuscripts of Kshemarāja’s commentary on the Śhiva Sūtras, personally recovered from Kashmir by Christopher Tompkins and others between 2012 and 2015.
Click here to view clips of this course. Click here to view our Course Syllabus.
Śhiva Sūtras: the Heart of Kashmir Śhaivism.
The Śhiva Sūtras, are to Tantra to what the Yoga Sūtras are to Classical Yoga, and represent the foundation of the venerated Spanda (‘Vibration’ of Consciousness) school of Kashmir. The ‘Aphorisms of Śhiva’ is arguably the foundational text of Non-dual Kashmir Shaiva philosophy, which teaches that there is only One reality in the Universe –Pure Consciousness, or Śhiva, and Śhakti, the ‘Power’ of that Consciousness, responsible for the dynamism and change which defines our experience of this reality.
Discovery of the Śhiva Sūtras.
The Śhiva Sūtras were transmitted from Śhiva to Śrī Vasugupta (fl. 825-875 A.D.), who discovered them composed on a rock atop Mount Mahādeva in Kashmir. Some 200 years later, the prolific sage and scholar of the Matriarchal ‘Krama’ lineage, Kṣhemarāja, disciple of Abhinavagupta and author of the Pratyabhijñā-hṛdayam (‘Heart of Recognition’), composed the most celebrated commentary on our text (Śivasūtra-vimarśinī).
Description of the Course.
Kṣhemarāja and the Three Yogic ‘Means’ to Liberation (Upāyas).
We will immerse in the profound wisdom of Kṣhemarāja’s commentary on the Śhiva Sūtras, to which he applies Abhinavagupta’s three innovative Yogic ‘Means’ (Upāyas) of Liberation. The goal of the Upāyas is to dissolve karmic blocks in the body and mind responsible for perpetuating feelings of incompleteness (apūṛṇatva) and mental anxiety (citta-vritti), which obscures our Essential and ever-joyful Self, forever One with the bliss of Universal Consciousness (Śhiva).
Highly accessible and applicable to students today, the Upāya teachings presented in our course include the ‘Embodied Means’ (āṇava upāya) to Awakening through the innovative, physical practices of Tantric Yoga; the ‘Empowered Means’ (śākta upāya), the practice of transforming the energy of painful emotions, thoughts, and negative beliefs into triggers for Self-realization; and the ‘Divine Means’ (śāmbhava upāya), the method of triggering moments of Awakening through cultivating intuition into the nature of reality as experienced through the senses.
Who this Course is for, and How Students will Benefit.
In Kashmir Shaivism, the seeker of truth who sincerely wishes to grow spiritually is defined as a Yogī, one who seeks to practice Yoga through any number of ‘Skillful means’ (Upāyas), three of which form the basis of our course (see below).
As such, our course is for anyone seeking to incorporate the liberating wisdom and practices of Kashmir Shaivism into their daily lives. No prior experience is necessary.
This course is ideal for Yoga teachers wishing to learn how to incorporate the philosophy and practices (Upāyas) of the Śhivasūtras into their own teaching.
Format of Course.
* Nine Regular Sessions, regular price $150. Now on sale for only $108 through July 4th (over 25% off)!
* Please click here to view our Course Syllabus. Please click here to view a short video clip introducing our course.
* Accessible online through your computer, I-pad, or phone * Questions – email@example.com
$108.00 for 15 total sessions (regular price $150) ~ now through Thanksgiving. Download Now!
What Students will Receive.
* Total of 9 Empowering Sessions with Christopher, totaling over 14 hours of instruction, now available for download / self-study. Please click here to view our Course Syllabus.
*Full Immersion into all three sections of the Śhivasūtras, with a focus on the empowering commentary of a legendary Tantric sage, Śrī Kṣhemarāja, who offers a veritable treasure-trove of life-enhancing wisdom teachings accessible to modern students.
* PDF Handouts – Each session will include the Sanskrit and Christopher’s translation of the Sūtras along with parts of Kṣhemarāja’s commentary, drawn for the first time from manuscripts recovered in the past 3 years by Chris and others from Kashmir.
* Additional Discussion Session Downloads – Our course will include a Facebook discussion page, where students are encouraged to post questions and reflections to be addressed by Christopher in hour-long weekly recordings which may be downloaded for deeper immersion into the material.
* Certificate of Completion – A Certificate of Completion in Yoga Philosophy which can be used to apply for CEUs with the Yoga Alliance, is available upon request.