Introduction to the History and Evolution of ‘Vinyāsa’
Christopher Tompkins and Shiva Rea
A 3 hour MP3 download, featuring the first 2 sessions of our online course-
‘The History and Evolution of Yoga Vinyāsa’
To purchase this Introductory Session (immediate access), please click here.
To peruse and/or register for the the whole course at Samudra Global Online, please click here.
Topics of this Recording.
- The Meaning of “Vinyāsa” within the Embodied Ritual of Yoga: an Overview
- Macrocosm and Microcosm: our eternal ‘connection’ (Yoga) to the Divine
- The Song of the Goddess: The Transformative Power of Mantra in Vedic Ritual
- Beyond the Gods: the Search for the Universal ‘Self’ in the late Vedas
- Keshins (‘Long-haired Ones’) and Tapasvins (‘Heat Embodiers’)
– the Story of the Earliest Yogins
* 60 minutes of darshana (philosophy, teachings) with translations from core texts, with Christopher
* 30 minutes of meditation to bring teachings into experiential realization, with Shiva
“The pulsation of Vinyasa is a relationship to the breath cycle that ripples out into the sequencing of consciousness, synching all cycles with the deeper pulse of breath-awareness.” –Shiva Rea
“Vinyasa is the sacred ritual of self-discovery and self-love, a devotional practice born from timeless, wordless sounds arising through one’s devoted heart in the form of sacred movement”. –Christopher Tompkins
To peruse and/or register for the the whole recorded course at Samudra Global Online, please click here. Please note: if you have registered for Part I of the course, you already have access to the sessions featured in this offer.
What Students are saying about these sessions.
“A life changer.”-TN
“The first two sessions really resonated with me and filled me with awe and wonder.” – VB
“The first 2 sessions stood out to me the most – the oldest daily ritual sadhanas that were described as ‘rhythmic, flowing’ – as the dance of karanas (poses). –MB
“Chris and Shiva, I am a little bit stunned and completely blown away by the beauty and profundity of these ancient texts.” – HA
“Dearest Chris and Shiva!! Pranams to you both for the profound insight and experiential wisdom imbued in these potent offerings from the heart.” – CW
“I am in love with how the meaning of each verse is unveiled with so much potency and sacred juice and most of all deep inside of me i feel a resonance which seems to make so much sense!” -JS